Thursday, January 21, 2016

She was Called Tina

It was a cold windy day in March three decades ago when your first cry was heard. I was particularly happy with your birth because you completed the quorum for us, or so I concluded in my naivety. At the age of ten, I was not particularly happy that I had four brothers and one less sister to have  perfect number. So I always prayed for one, you and you came.  Imagine my joy when that happened.  You came as happy, and bobby as you were expected. I would later jeer at Bonny (whom you have now joined in glory) because we both wrangled over the issue for a long time.

Like all new born Eyi, you looked small, frail and precious at birth and I wanted to carry you all day. But unlike most New born, I remember that father was not there to welcome you into the family, like he did the rest of us. Nor was he ever there at any point of your life because daddy was killed two days before you were born. Like you name suggests “Eyiuche,” we did expect what came to be. Because of the sad circumstances surrounding your birth, we were always protective of you, especially Mama. We were always there for you, always made sure you got what you needed and always supported you in everything that will enhance your well-being.  As Providence will have it, our efforts paid off. You grew, blossomed and became a rare combination of brain, beauty and bubble. Like the rays of a glorious morning, your illuminated our entire family with your contagious radiance. Yes, you definitely reciprocated the love showered upon per excellence. Your endearing personality distinguished you in the family which if why you are our special treasure of inestimable value. As an enthusiast, you lived a creative life colored with fun and determination. Most importantly, you followed in the footstep of Daddy, gave your life to God and served him as best as you know how. Your close relationship with God was expressed in the many lay organizations you belonged from you teen years until your recent demise. Always eager for personal growth and advancement, you successfully completed high school and college at an early age. We taught you were crazy when you declared your intention to get married soon after. Looking back, I am happy we let you follow your path, your short destiny.

Nine years ago Tina you were joined in Holy matrimony with your heartthrob Engr. P.J. Anya. Your union was blessed with three adorable children: Meme, Ben and Mezie. Then the Lord’s face shone upon you and your family again and you conceived. We were eagerly waiting to receive the news that you have been delivered of your fourth child. But alas, our hopes were dashed, nightfall came quickly and our glee was turned to grieve. The cold hands of death snatched you away, leaving us helpless, gaping and wondering still.

Eyi, I continue to commend you into the hands of God, your creator and upon whom you have returned.  I know that I will never see you or hear your melodious laughter again. Do you know that everybody in the family is still talking about you? About our joyful personality? About the way you look out for everybody and your carefree spirit? Yes, these are some of things we will continue to hold dear, memories that will be cherished forever. I know you live on Eyi because those who die in the Lord have only changed places. I thank God for you and the gift that you were for our family. Thank you for the legacy you left behind. I will always love you.

Fare thee well my love, my irreplaceable “ash” born
Fare thee well my most beautiful little Angel
Fare thee well Tina until we meet again to rejoice in never ending Joy




No comments:

Post a Comment