Thursday, July 16, 2015

God’s Majesty at Cumberland

At Cumberland Falls
The heavens, the earth and the river meet
It is beauty personified
Trees in all sizes and shades of green adorn the park
Leaves sway as if responding to some rhythmic music
Gentle winds make whistling sounds as birds chirp in the sky
And water like lightening flows downstream from the falls
The splash of water a warn relieve from the scorching sun



At Cumberland falls
I saw a glimpse of God
In the sights and sounds of the park
In the guests, their smiles and the serenity of the place
Aghast and lost in profound wonder, my gaze lingered  
I could not stop myself from singing
Praise indeed is the God for this 250 million years work of art
How could I stop from singing and adoring so great a God?

Yes, Cumberland is a piece of God’s majesty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment