Friday, May 22, 2015

Faith and Service


For some people, Service is only a job,” a means to an end, something that is essential for survival.
For others, service is a system which supplies public needs such as utilities and transportation
For others still, service is life’s thrust, a way of helping those in need through volunteer activities.  
For people of faith, service is the sum of all Christ’s teachings.
I serve not to seek fame, power or recognition.
I serve not for pay, praise or to acquire wealth.  
I serve because I am being served by God who has kept me going in spite to my shortcomings.  
Through Jesus God enables me to taste his providence, so that I may be his channel of providence for those waiting to encounter him through me
I serve because it gives me joy for I know that God has chosen me to bear fruits that will last



No comments:

Post a Comment