Friday, January 16, 2015

My Epiphany


For everything in life there is a season says the book of Ecclesiastes. I love this Bible phrase because it contains one of life’s major truths. Two words stand out here: “Everything” and “season.” Christmas is over and the church’s ordinary circle is a few weeks away. Then comes lentern and Easter seasons. Looking out the window, I noticed a flurry of activity, reminding me not to step out of the house without my coat and gloves because it is winter. Yet, my hope that summer will come helps me to endure this winter’s cold and chill. Today the church celebrates the feast of Epiphany. God intended for his Son to be known and proclaimed not just in Judea, but all around the world. Simply put, Epiphany is the feast that commemorates the revelation of Jesus to the gentiles, or non-Jews.  This is a great consolation for the gentiles and all of us.

“Look I am making all things new” says the lord (Rev 12:5). Like Mary, my heart is full of Joy because today the Lord has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God (Psalm 40:3). Today I begin a new and exciting journey as a Canonical Novice of the Sisters of Divine Providence. Although from my earliest years I learned to predict seasons based on how the weather looks or how I feel. But five years ago I would never have accurately predicted this day. I know now because today is my day of Salvation, the “time” that God has determined that it is ripe for me to receive my personal Epiphany – his Divine Revelation. It makes me happy to know that everything concerning me has been predestined by God: My coming to the United States, my graduation from College and now this new journey are all in God’s plan of salvation. It has just been “revealed to me” because the Lord must have determined that I am ready for it. I thank God for what he is doing, even though I may not always know what I am doing. I am willing to continue to trust God and everything ha has in stock for me. I pray that I will continue to cooperate with God as He accomplishes his purpose in my life.



Some New Beginnings can be rough and complex. But I am not worried about complexities because one of our fundamental virtues is Abandonment to Divine Providence which for me means that God will figure out everything in due course if I trust him enough to do that. And so with the Lord, there are really no “season(s).” He only patiently wait for us to be ready for Him. Sometimes in redirecting us back to him, it may be necessary for God to make new wine-skins out of us. Today I am letting God have his way and I pray that we will all continue to do the same, for in God alone is our souls at rest.    

No comments:

Post a Comment